Here is a tiling Checker-Texture I’ve made to help me with UVW mapping.
It’s a practical helper texture with a grid to compare the pixel density on a mesh when unwrapping 3D meshes. The colors on versions you find on the internet are usually too glaring.
The checker map features:
- Numbers to make it easy to judge the mapping direction and mirroring.
- I’ve added circles, which work better than squares for spotting distortions.
- A very fine grid texture allows for checking details.
- I color coded bigger blocks, which helps to show where the full texture repeats.
- It’s in high 4k resolution.