Wanna show a bit what kept updates here back the last year. Our little indie team is moving towards the finish line on the Steam game Caromble!
We released the first chapters on Steam Early Access – meaning the game itself is still work in progress. We’re now starting doing the commercial chapter of Caromble! We have test-levels so far, that show the puzzle ideas we’ll use. But they need a lot of tweaking. Not just for the gameplay, but also for the art.
In the next step I started planning the names.
Then I did the first 3D meshes, using the names – but they don’t resemble the art much more than in size. And that’s the “dummy-state” they are in right now still. It’s a common practice to do called Prototyping. That way ideas can be tested without spending big production time which then might be scrapped if the ideas don’t work out.
There is work left to do on this asset – but once our team tests this in the new levels, I can much better tell if the idea works. All those steps help previewing the result without committing too much work too early. And there are still quite some assets to go over – to keep track I place them on colored blocks.